ICE Lemieux Proice Boots (set of two)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $37.50 fortnightly with More info
LEMIEUX PROICE BOOTS
Lemieux ProIce Boots (Sold as: A Pair Of ProIce Boots with a Pair of ProIce Inserts)
ProIce boots provide targeted cold ice therapy for tendons & joints use as regular maintenance & management or as part of injury recovery & rehabilitation
* Unique Hypofreeze Gel is retained in strategically placed pockets to avoid slumping within the boot.
* Gel remains soft and contours to lower limb ensuring maximum surface contact with skin.
* Soft mesh lining protects skin from freeze burn, whilst allowing maximum transfer of cold.
More Severe tendon injuries
With more severe SDFT's (superficial Digital Flexor Tendon) injuries & where hyperextension of the fetlock has occurred ice therapy is required to cause vasoconstriction (constriction of blood vessels), reduce proteolytic enzymatic activity, decrease influx of inflammatory mediators & toxins and provide pain relief. ProIce boots should be applied in 20min sessions 4 or more times a day. The sooner they can be applied in these cases the better. The initial stages of injury are critical.
The continued use of regular ice therapy as part of a controlled exercise programme is essential to recovery and will speed up the process of rehabilitation.
These boots received a 9/10 in an independent review for UK magazine Horse & Hound https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/reviews/horse-accessories/lemieux-proice-boots
Note:always use cold therapy in conjunction with veterinary advice.
In more severe cases consult your vet immediately.
Instructions for Use
Place boots or inserts in freezer for minimum 4-6hrs or overnight prior to application.
Use in short 20-30min sessions/ multiple times daily in severe cases. Place securely on leg with 'joint cup' under back of fetlock. Ensure straps are firmly closed, but not over tight.
LeMieux ProIce Boot Size Chart
Please note that all sizes are approximate and given in CM.
LeMieux Usage and Care Instructions
- Regular use of ProIce boots for short periods (20-30mins) after intense exercise can prevent small injuries developing and ensure ligaments, tendons & joints remain tight and free of oedema.
- The sooner temperatures of tendons can be reduced after work the better.
- This can apply to high intensity dressage as well as galloping, jumping & x-country.
- Use of ProIce boots can prevent the onset of localised swelling, heat & pain resulting in possible unsoundness.
- Best theraputic effect is gained after multiple 20-30 minute sessions.
- Let boots dry out prior to storage